This pinned post is a handy guide to the resources in this section. Each resource is hyper-linked from here:
Resources in time order:
- Using the Bedale Horde in class
- What sort of England did William Conquer?
- What can the Domesday Book reveal about the Norman Conquest?
- When did William conquer England?
- Norman York Minster
- YHF Resources: Thomas Becket session
- York resources: Roman Africans and a York apprentice at the time of the Black Death
- Why is Europe so many different countries?
- Using the Paston letters in class
- Investigating the culture of a period
- Time traveller guides
- Hidden in Plain Sight – resources for teaching the history of people with disability
- Black abolitionists in York!
- Resources for York zeppelin raid May 1916
- WW1 military hospitals in York
- World War One in the local area free resources
- Quality resources about schools and WW1
- Madeleine Blaess’ diary: York woman in Nazi occupied Paris
- Resources for Schools from Oxford University
Planning and ideas and displays:
- Alex Ford’s PPT
- Borthwick Institute School Resource Packs
- Bumping into sources!
- Diversity resources for busy teachers
- ‘Doing History’ – display and ex book versions
- History of Women in 6 objects
- History Pedagogy as 5 features
- meanwhile, elsewhere…
- Narratives to build chronological understanding and fill in the gaps
- Picturing the Past
- Teaching bigger history – great free resources!
- Talking History with SLT
- Teaching History – a bibliographical guide
- The Old Lady in the Post Office – how to teach writing a strong line of argument to any key stage
- The Process of History display
KS3/GCSE and A Level topic resources