At SHP 2019 we presented a sequence of lessons on the politics of the UK in the 18th century. The resources for this sequence have been designed by the YorkClio team, many of whom are RQTs. This sequence has been given to the HA and will be available via www.history.org.uk from the autumn.
For a short time only we have placed this post so that people who were at our SHP session can download the sequence. It will be removed in August!
- Teacher guide and lesson plans: 18thC political power change sequence
- Resources used across the sequence: Dictionary Fear Factors chart Fear Factors list for desks
- Powerpoints: L1 PPT L2-5 18th Century politics sequence L6 PPT
- Lesson 1 resources: L1 Georgiana Cavendish L1 Isaac NewtonL1 Samuel Johnson biog L1 timeline worksheet
- Lesson 2 resources: L2 Situation Cards L2 Student chart
- Lesson 3 resources:L3 Situation Cards L3 Student Chart L3 Hogarth – reading a source with knowledge L3 Walpole according to Hoppit
- Lesson 4 resources: L4 Situation Cards L4 Student Chart
- Lesson 5 resources: L5 Situation Cards L5 Student Chart
- Lesson 6 resources: L6 Starter worksheet L6 student tasksheet
- Short history for subject knowledge updating: A very short history of Britain 1688-1742 for teachers