Katie Buchanan, PGCE trainee at the University of York, has created these resources for A Level students learning about JFK. Each document focuses on a different part of the JFK story and uses primary source material and the work of historians with set questions to enable students to learn about the topics.
1. Why did Kennedy win the election_
2. Did Kennedy successfully forge a New Frontier_
3. What was the significance of the Berlin Wall_
4. Why did Cuba become such a hot spot_
5. How did Kennedy respond to Khrushchev’s nuclear missiles in Cuba_
6. Dragged or pushed – Why did Kennedy get involved in Vietnam_